What's an EF tour?
That’s a good question. Technically speaking, an EF tour is everything you would expect from an all-inclusive, fully accredited, educational travel experience—airplane tickets, hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing with expert guides. But it’s really much more than that. It’s a chance for girls to discover their true potential by traveling abroad and experiencing the world.
We believe every girl should have this life-changing opportunity, which is why we’re dedicated to making our tours the most affordable. One way we’re able to do this is through group travel, which means everyone pays for the same tour director and local guides—and travels together on one tour bus. This helps defray the costs for everyone.
If your group isn’t large enough to fill a bus on its own, don’t worry. You will be paired with other Girl Scouts who want to travel to the same destination in the same time period. With a little itinerary and date flexibility, we’re able to ensure that you still get the lowest possible price—whether you’re traveling with a group of six or 60.
Designed just for you
We’ve traveled with thousands of Girl Scouts over the years, so we understand what girls enjoy most on tour. Whether it’s seeing Paris from atop the Eiffel Tower, horseback riding in Costa Rica or attending a special pinning ceremony at a WAGGGS World Centre, our itineraries are designed exclusively for Girl Scouts.
While we provide the framework and take care of all the logistics, girls can still make the experience their own. They can play an active role in the tour-planning process, researching destinations and organizing money-earning activities.
Every EF tour includes:
- Round-trip airfare: from your preferred airport, on major international airlines
- Dedicated Tour Director: with you 24/7 to handle all the logistics of your tour—from hotel check-in to sightseeing to everything in between
- Superior tourist-class hotels: always clean, comfortable and safe with private bathrooms
- Local transportation: on high-speed trains and comfortable motorcoaches
- Authentic meals: including breakfast and dinner daily
- Guided sightseeing tours: led by expert local guides
- Entrance fees: to special attractions and events
- Visits to WAGGGS World Centres: when specified in itinerary
- Free time: for your troop’s own activities
- Free International Training Tour: we train every new Group Leader in Paris
- 24-hour emergency support: troop leaders and parents can reach us around the clock at our headquarters
- EF Travel patch, backpack and luggage tag